Sunday, October 30, 2011

Disneyland -- Paris

I have mixed feelings about this one.  I was sick on this trip so perhaps it didn't seem as great as it really was but I think I've grown up too much to appreciate Disneyland :)  We went on a family trip to Disneyland Paris for the weekend.  Our package included transportation (TGV), hotel at the park, lunch/dinner and park passes (disneyland and walt disney studios).  We got a really good deal on this and the weather was nice too.  The park was nearly in a Halloween spirit as this was mid October, so it was neat to see the atmosphere.  I think the kids had lots of fun, but the place was a zoo.  The line-ups were crazy (sometimes one hour long!), so we only went on rides that had line-ups less than 20mins wait.  We got most rides in during the morning and in the evening when the crowds eased up, but the majority of the day was spent strolling through the crowds with not much achieved.  I was also shocked by the amount of smokers everywhere!! This is a kid's park mainly so people should not be allowed to smoke here.  Not to mention how much it aggravated my laryngitis.  I'm pretty sure I was receiving a steady dose of second hand smoke all day long.  The souvenirs and food was overpriced, period.  On the positive side there were some cool things to do and fun rides for sure, but were they worth the wait, stress and money?  Probably not :)  I'm not a fan of consumerism; on a day like this, I'd rather go for a hike in the mountains.  At least I can check this off on my bucket list and move on.


Monster's Inc. Disney Character.

No comments:

Post a Comment